Bradley B. Roberts
C# Enthusiast · Business Owner · Vegan
My name is Brad Roberts. I'm from Massachusetts where I've lived most of my life. I figured since I'm apparently the only person who doesn't have his own website or blog, I better get one. Here are three things that I'm currently working on:
I'm not a developer by any means. I'm just an enthusiastic newbie looking to learn as much as I can. Old dog, new trick sort of a thing. Someday, I'd like to try my hand at developing a web application. Resources for learning C#:
- Jeremy Morgan's C# .Net Tutorials: This is where I started and what got me wanting to know more. Jeremy clearly explains how to get started with C#.
- C# Fundamentals: This is a free 24 part video series put on by Microsoft. I'm currently tackling these tutorials.
- 30 Days to Learn C#: I haven't completed this course, but it's on my to do list. The feedback is very positive and it's aimed at beginners.
Running a Small Business
I recently took over the family business my grandfather started. Having been an employee outside the business for a while, running a business has been challenging and eye opening.
- U.S. Small Business Administration: The official website of the SBA. Plenty of information on their loan programs, as well as startup and management articles.
- SCORE: Offers free advice for anyone looking to start or grow a business. You can also find a mentor in your area.
- The Small Business: A helpful small business blog offering practical advice and information from the field about starting and running a small business.
Becoming a Vegan
My wife and I both stopped eating and using animal products a few months ago. Me more for health reasons. Her more for ethical reasons. It's hard sometimes, but getting easier every day. Here are a few vegan resources:
- Why Go Vegan?: This is a question I get asked a lot by my meat eating friends and acquaintances. This page contains a list of reasons to adopt a vegan lifestyle.
- What Do Vegans Eat?: A vegan recipe blog featuring delicious cruelty free plant based recipes.
- The Vegan Guide to Chocolate: What can I say? I eat more than just fruits and vegetables. And I love chocolate. This is a helpful list of vegan chocolates.
More to come so stay tuned!